Sunday, June 14, 2009

The First Birthday Party!

Summer has officially begun for me. My last day was on Friday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to teach first grade in the fall. I have no idea about the job situation until August. Oh well! More time to be mom, and on that note, we had Parker's first birthday party on Saturday at Brandy Creek Beach. I was a little concerned about the weather as we have experienced some pretty amazing thunderstorms. Luckily, we woke up to a partly cloudy day and headed out Whiskeytown Lake. Parker loved the water in fact he scooched right into the water at one point. Parker was surrounded by his great grandparents, all of his grandparents and two of his aunts both of which came from out of town, along with some great family friends. It was a great picnic party and he made out like a bandit. Oh and to think what Christmas will be like this year. Hope this email finds everyone well. I have to mention that our great friends Andrea and Doug had there baby girl on Friday! Congrats on baby Olivia. We cannot wait to meet her in July. Enjoy the pictures.

First birthday present. A tow truck!

Reading while we were setting up the tables.


Sitting with Grandma Pam on the beach.

Putting our feet in the water.


Chewing on a spoon.


Hanging out with great grandma!


Parker and his best girlfriend, Bryn. Thanks for coming to my party!


Holly, Kyle and Bryn and us!

All the presents. Crazy!
The paparazzi!
It's my party and I can cry if I want to.
He loved all of his presents but the car from Grandpa Bill really grabbed his attention.

Playing with his new car even though it is not put together.

Such a driver.

We did things alittle backwards and opened presents before the cake. Oh well!

The cake!

I took the cake away for a minute and this is the reaction I got.


He loves this toy at daycare and he seems to enjoy it at home too. Thanks to baby Bryn.



All put together at home.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the poop video. Andrea and I are in bed with Olivia cracking up. SO helarious. LOL

andrea perry said...

Could he be any cuter?!? Looks like the party was a lot of fun :). The car is awesome! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.