Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Oh What a Night!

We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday was almost 80 degrees and Parker and I hosted about 4 couples on walkthroughs of our house. No offers yet! Oh well! Saturday night Parker started to get a cough. Great Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bill came over to babysit on Saturday night so we could go out to dinner. They said he was all smiles the whole evening. Sunday came and Parker started to get weepy eyes, congestion, cough and fever. I thought nothing of it as he had just gone through this common cold symptoms about three weeks ago. Needless to say there was no sleeping in the Haedrich household on Sunday night.
Budge decided to stay home with Parker on Monday. Thank goodness! I left school immediately when my class kids left to come home and relieve Budge. I came home to a very sleepy baby who hadn't done much of anything. I tried to give him liquids and everything nothing worked. He was not himself. When Budge got back from work, we headed to the ER and were seen so quickly. I was quite amazed. He was dehydrated and had to have an IV. It was hard to watch and although he is not back to his total normal self he is doing much better. I stayed home with him today and we might try daycare tomorrow. To all of you who have kids or are going to have kids, it is the worst thing to have a sick one. Wish us luck tonight. Here are some photos from the ER. He really liked the big hospital bed.


Trying to get him to suck on a popsicle.


Wanting to distract him with a sticker.

I sort of feel awful that I am smiling in this photo. I had to hold up this oxygen cup to his mouth and he did not like me for it.

This is prior to the whole sickness thing in a cute spring outfit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that boy is going to be a linebacker!

Jessica said...

Poor baby, breaks my heart to see him in the hospital bed.

Caroline said...

Hope he is feeling better soon! Poor peanut!!