Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Sorry about being the worst blogger this month. I just noticed I have not updated since the beginning of the month. To begin with, we went to Ronna and Erik's wedding in South Lake Tahoe. It was such a blast to see old college friends. What a goregous setting and of course they looked amazing. Congratulations again Ronna and Erik!



Then somehow Thanksgiving was just around the corner. Budge and I decided to host this event this year and we had 23 people. So much fun and really pretty amazing for Parker to have all his family around. I think we have decided to host every other year. We appreciate everyone that traveled from far distances. We are so thankful to have you in our lives.


Our serious little man!











Everyone together.

Oh yeah and the hit of Thanksgiving was the turkey Budge decided to give real looking breasts too. Only my husband!

Classic aunt shirt Kim got him in New Orleans.

On Friday morning, we headed up to Lake Almanor for our annual Christmas tree cutting adventure. We never know what it is going to be like getting our perfect tree. Holly, Kyle and Bryn joined us up there for the night also.


The car ride on Saturday morning to get the tree.

When we arrived at the tree cutting spot. Sleepy head!

Family photo op. Let's just say it was pretty cold and P reminded of the little boy from Christmas Story. I decided to let Budge go in search of the tree while I stayed back at the car with the little man. I did not want him to get sick:(

We brought the sled. He enjoyed it!

Bryn decided to hop on in too!

Grandpa Bill and P. Thanks for the yummy food!

Budge found a tree and took the truck to go and get it.

Walking in the snow, new boots and all.

I started to decorate the tree this morning. I have never had any help decorating the tree but Parker wanted me to open the ornament box before I even had the lights on. He was such a kick to have around. This is going to be one Christmas we are going to remember. He continues to go up to the tree and look at it and of course take off the ornaments. Back to work tomorrow. I think I can do it. Who knows?!




Happy Holidays everyone!!!

No comments: