Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Thanksgiving in NC!


Our first trip on a plane with Parker was to North Carolina to visit my mom's side of the family. Parker did amazing on all the flights. I was so relieved since I feared that he would cry the whole way. We arrived in Raleigh on Monday night. Drove about an hour to my aunt's farm. They just built a new home which was absolutely beautiful. Dinner was waiting for us when we walked in. My Aunt Connie is an amazing cook. In fact the whole time we were there I felt like all I did was eat and drink which I guess that is what the Thanksgiving holiday is all about. We picked up my grandma on Tuesday morning. We had such a great trip. Thanks Aunt Connie and Uncle Don for having us stay and making Parker's first Thanksgiving a great one!


Picking up grandma in Cary, N.C. First time Parker met his great grandma Lee!

Hanging out with Great Grandma!

Parker liked looking at the swans swimming in the pond at the farm!

Hanging out on the patio overlooking the pond.

On Wednesday, we went for a drive to Fearrington, N.C. There was a town square to walk around in and these interesting cows called Beltkies. They have a white stripe around their bellies.

Better picture of the cow.

The town square.

After Fearrington, we headed back home when we stumbled upon a winery. This is the new thing in N.C. So we went to check it out! The sign cracked me up.

Inside the winery. Looks like Parker is very interested.

Must take after his mom. He always wanted the glass of wine!

Family pic at the winery!

Thanks Great Aunt Connie for the great toys!
Such a long day with a little nap made Parker pass out in his play toy. Pretty funny!

And now for Thanksgiving Day!

The four generations!

No matter where we go fishing is still a priority.

The tables were beautiful!



Parker has three second cousins that entertained him the whole day! Here he is with Ian who told Budge that Parker was definitely his kid because of the cheeks. You have to love seven year olds.

Enjoying the sun with grandma and great grandma!
Eating his peas. Next year, the turkey and all the fixings.

The whole family!



Watching Sponge Bob with second cousin Owen.

I love flying when is our next trip!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, Parker is such a cute ball of love!!! I miss the little guy! I can't believe how big he has gotten since August! What a cootie patootie, awwww. And you look great, Courtney! way to bounce back :o) Nobody would ever know you were carrying around an extra 20+ lbs for 9 months. What a cutie!!!! hope our paths cross soon.
<3 ania & casey

andrea perry said...

Great pictures! Glad that the trip went well... and I love that you found a place to wine taste :)

Claudia said...

Courtney and Ryan,

I am SO enjoying your entries about Parker! Such a special time in your life...this blog will be very important late. Hope you visit mine sometime...www.clph.blogspot.com

Claudia